You know those scenes in movies or soap opera when the husband comes home only to find his wife in bed with her lover?
Then the guy tries to make a getaway by going out the window and escapes using the bedsheets?
Well it never happens...or DOES IT? Check this out...
I guess they usually write OUT the fire department, mocking onlookers and the guy being caught on tape!
Well this weekend it's the 75th annual Keremeos Elks Rodeo...always a very popular event.
But do you know how it came to be?
Today Bruce tells us about the South Okanagan's "ranching roots" and how the rodeo came from it.
There are no buckin' broncs up at Rustico...but there are a couple of beasts named Katie and Lara! The head of security and the winery clown.
Head up and see them!
The postcard contest received 279 entries from people from Vancouver to Calgary with the majority of the entrants coming from Oliver BC.
After two weeks of voting and over 1200 votes the people have spoken and Carol Bently has been awarded the prestigious people’s choice place with 257 votes. Carol is joined by 4 others, chosen by a panel of judges, to make up the new series of Oliver BC Postcards.
Here are the winners:
1. People’s choice winner: Carol Bently of Ok Falls with her image, “Face in the Clouds”.
2. Russell Work of Oliver with his image “Tuc-el-Nuit Wine”.
3. Bernard Bedard of Oliver with his image, “Old Homestead”.
4. Kari Hentzelt of Oliver with her image, “Gehringer Brothers Vista”.
5. Sarah Wilson of Oliver with her image, “Grapes on the vine”.
The 5 winning photos will become the new official series of postcards for Oliver BC. The ...